3 April, 2011
Tesco Easter Clubcard Exchange offers great savings for the big Bank Holiday season
Tesco is launching the Easter Clubcard Voucher Exchange to help customers make big savings on a massive range of treats and essentials in time for the series of bank and public holidays in April and May.
Hundreds of new products such as bikes, barbecues, garden furniture and sun-cream are included in the scheme which launches on 4 April and runs until 5 May for exchanging Clubcard vouchers and 15 May for redeeming Exchange tokens.
With new research* showing that half its customers (55%) will be staying at home over both Easter bank holiday and the Royal Wedding weekend, Tesco expects its deals on garden, home and toys to be an especially popular feature of the latest Clubcard Exchange.
The scheme allows customers to double the value of their £5, £10 or £20 Clubcard vouchers on selected departments, with no limit to how many vouchers you can exchange.
For example, a customer with £20 in Clubcard vouchers could exchange these for a £40 token to spend on Tesco’s current half price Terrain Anaconda 20" BMX (Cat No. 205-8898) which is on sale in 249 of Tesco's larger stores** and online for £70 (was £140). By handing over their Exchange token, this means they are to pay a bargain price of £30!
Carolyn Bradley, Tesco’s UK Marketing Director said: “It has been a tough winter and we really want to add some excitement to customers’ preparations for the Spring bank holidays by introducing this huge range in savings. Whether people plan to be away or spend the long weekends at home, we’re confident there’s something in the Easter Exchange for everyone.”
Products from the following ranges are included:
- Beauty and suncare products, cosmetics & fragrance
- Pampers nappies and wipes
- Toys, bikes and camping
- Phones and accessories
- Garden, garden furniture and BBQ
- Cameras, sat navs, audio equipment
- Small domestic appliances
Customers who have saved their Clubcard vouchers from previous statements can use these to take part in the scheme also so long as they are still in date.
And customers will still be able to redeem and spend their Clubcard vouchers in the usual way such as on partner rewards if they don’t want to participate in The Easter Clubcard Voucher Exchange.
For more information visit: www.tesco.com/clubcard
– ENDS –
For further information please call the Tesco press office on: +44 1992 644 645
*Research source: Tesco Shopper Thoughts Survey – Feb 2011
**The Terrain Anaconda 20" BMX bike is on sale in 249 stores including most Extras, selected Superstores and all HomePlus as well as online at Tesco Direct.
Notes to Editors:
How The Easter Clubcard Voucher Exchange works:
- Clubcard Vouchers can be exchanged in store (except Express) or online at www.tesco.com/clubcard
- There are three different minimum exchange values – either £5 or £10 or £20 in Clubcard vouchers, depending on the department you opt to spend in. Customers can only exchange multiples of £5, £10 or £20 worth of Clubcard vouchers for Exchange tokens however any number of Exchange tokens can be used in a transaction.
- Customers don’t need an exact £5, £10 or £20 voucher – they can make it up with smaller value vouchers too e.g. £2 + £2 +£1 = £5. Customers can use a higher value Clubcard voucher and any change will be credited to the customer’s Clubcard account in points.
- The exchange can be done in store at the signposted desks (excluding Tesco Express), where the assistant will exchange them for Exchange tokens to spend in their chosen department, this will look like a till receipt. Customers can also exchange online at tesco.com/clubcard if they plan to spend their Exchange token online at tesco.com/direct or tesco.com/clothing.
- The following departments are not available online: Beauty, suncare, cosmetics & fragrance; Pampers and Opticians.
- Customers need to have exchanged their Clubcard vouchers for Exchange tokens for The Easter Clubcard Voucher Exchange by 5 May 2011. Exchange tokens must be redeemed by 15 May 2011.
There are 10 categories to choose from:
- Every £5 in Clubcard vouchers can be exchanged for a £10 Exchange token to spend on: Clothing; Garden, garden furniture, & BBQ; Beauty, suncare, cosmetics and fragrance; Pampers
- Every £10 in Clubcard vouchers can be exchanged for a £20 Exchange token to spend on: Toys, bikes & camping; Cameras, sat navs & audio; Phones and accessories; Opticians; Small domestic appliances.
- Every £20 in Clubcard vouchers can be exchanged for a £40 Exchange token to spend on furniture
Terms and conditions apply – see www.tesco.com/clubcard from Monday 4 April or call 0800 591 688 from Monday 4 April (Free from BT landlines, other providers may charge. Calls may be recorded).
Tesco Corporate & Legal Affairs, New Tesco House, Delamare Road, Cheshunt, Herts, EN8 9SL
Telephone: 01992 644645 Fax: 01992 644525 http://www.tesco.com/corporate
Stay updated with our press releases by registering for our RSS feed or email alerts.
For journalist enquiries only contact the Tesco Media Centre Monday to Friday,
8am to 6:30pm on:
+44(0) 1992 644 645
Out of hours call:
+44(0) 1992 644 733