Interim Results 2012/13
03 October 2012
Implementing the plan – Investing in a better Tesco
|Interview with Philip Clarke video|
|Interim Results 2012||00:00|
|UK Six Point Plan||02:01|
|Clicks & Bricks||09:32|
|Message to Colleagues||13:50|
- Group sales up 1.4% to £36.0bn* (up 3.2% at constant rates); Group sales exc. petrol up 1.6% (up 3.7% at constant rates)
- Statutory profit before tax down (11.6)% to £1.7bn; Underlying profit before tax down (8.5)% to £1.8bn
- Group trading profit of £1.6bn, down (10.5)% – UK down (12.4)% to £1.1bn; International down (17.1)% to £0.4bn; Tesco Bank up 114% to £94m
- Underlying diluted EPS reduction of (7.9)%**
- Interim dividend per share maintained at 4.63p
- Group capital expenditure brought down from £2.1bn to £1.6bn; on track for a full year reduction to c.£3.2bn
- * Group sales (inc. VAT) exclude the accounting impact of IFRIC 13.
- ** Underlying diluted EPS reduction calculated on a constant tax rate basis; (6.7)% at actual tax rates.