Why it matters
Across the world millions of young people are unemployed. Not only is this a problem for society, it is also a concern for our customers. Furthermore, young people are critical to the success of our busniess.
Whoever you are, whatever career you want to pursue, we will help you gain the skills to succeed.
Young People’s Panels
We have created Young People’s Panels in Europe and UK. These young colleagues will advise on how we can best support young people.
Over the last year we have created 158,000 opportunities for young people across the Group.
At a glance
- We employ 100,000 young people across our business, including over 60,000 in the UK.
- We have pledged to help young people gain the skills they need to succeed, no matter what career they choose to pursue.
- We have created Young People’s Panels in Europe and UK; these young colleagues are advising us on how we can best support young people.
- Our Launch programme with the Prince’s Trust in the UK and Positive2Work in Ireland are helping unemployed young people gain skills and experience to get into work.
- We are launching the Tesco Youth Academy across our all our markets – a new programme to help young people develop key skills to prepare them for the world of work.