Why it matters
Youth unemployment is at crisis levels across Europe. Developing future skills is a global concern. That's why we are determined to be part of the solution and to create opportunities for millions of young people around the world
Breaking the cycle - no job: no experience; no experience: no job.
Young People’s Panels
We have created Young People’s Panels in Europe and UK. These young colleagues will advise on how we can best support young people.
Over the last year we have created 158,000 opportunities for young people across the Group.
At a glance
- We employ 100,000 young people across our business, including over 60,000 in the UK.
- We have pledged to help young people gain the skills they need to succeed, no matter what career they choose to pursue.
- We have created Young People’s Panels in Europe and UK; these young colleagues are advising us on how we can best support young people.
- Our Launch programme with the Prince’s Trust in the UK and Positive2Work in Ireland are helping unemployed young people gain skills and experience to get into work.
- We are launching the Tesco Youth Academy across our all our markets – a new programme to help young people develop key skills to prepare them for the world of work.