Group operating profit before exceptional and other items2
Retail free cash flow3
Diluted EPS before exceptional and other items4
Dividend per share
Statutory operating profit
Statutory profit before tax
Statutory diluted EPS5
*Last year figures restated for adoption of IFRS 16.
- Group sales exclude VAT and fuel. Sales growth shown on a comparable days basis for Central Europe and Asia. Booker consolidated from 5 March 2018 and therefore includes 9 additional days in FY 2019/20 vs. FY 2018/19. The 9 additional days of Booker sales in the current year contributed 0.2% to Group sales growth in the year.
- Excludes amortisation of acquired intangibles and excludes exceptional items by virtue of their size and nature in order to reflect management’s view of underlying performance.
- Net debt and retail free cash flow exclude the impact of Tesco Bank in order to provide further analysis of the retail cash flow statement. Net debt also includes lease liabilities following the adoption of IFRS 16. Net debt excluding lease liabilities was £(2.6)bn, down £0.2bn year-on-year.
- Headline ‘diluted earnings per share’ exclude exceptional items, amortisation of acquired intangibles, net pension finance costs and fair value remeasurements of financial instruments.
- Statutory diluted earnings per share includes the impact of a net post-tax charge of £(593)m in respect of exceptional items.