Welcoming six innovative, up and coming brands to the Tesco Incubator Programme
21 April 2022
Today, the Tesco Incubator Programme welcomes six emerging brands to the cohort as we continue to support the development and scale-up of innovative and unique products for our customers.
As part of the Spring intake we’re welcoming:
- OGGS – Inclusive plant-based egg alternatives and sweet treats
- Pip & Nut – delicious natural nut butter & nut butter cups. Only the best ingredients and absolutely no palm oil
- Kendamil - The only British-made baby milk, made with love in the Lake District and uniquely crafted with fresh whole milk nutrients
- Denzel's – Healthy snacks for dogs. Great for the pooch and the planet
- OceanSaver – zero plastic, plant-based cleaning refills that help protect our oceans for future generations
- ACTi-VIT – flavoured sparkling water with 100% recommended daily intake of key vitamins
The six new brands joining the programme will benefit from a comprehensive year-long programme that includes development events run by Tesco’s Product team; help in understanding the needs of customers and using customer insight in developing brands; and advice on merchandising products more effectively.
In addition to the development events, the brands will build strong relationships with Tesco’s Product teams and have the opportunity to share experiences and best practice with other young brands on the programme.
Since its launch in 2017, Tesco’s Incubator programme has helped dozens of innovative, young UK brands find a footing in the industry, with alumni including Brewdog, Fever Tree, Bol, and Deliciously Ella.
Past Incubator brands:
- Mighty Pea: a plant-based milk
- Lean and Greens: meat and veg rich, high protein burgers – helping customers who want to include more veg in their diets
- Nimble: a plant-based steriliser for baby products
- Tenzing: a natural, all plant-based energy drink - the world’s first carbon negative energy drink
- Buttermilk: inclusivity confectionery brand which meets vegan, plant-based, dairy free and taste needs without compromise
- Dr Will’s: Condiments and dressings made with all-natural ingredients
- Northern Dough Co: Frozen bakery dough products including breakfast and pizza doughs
- Salt: Award-winning craft beers
- THIS™: Hyper-realistic plant-based meat alternatives
- TOTM: Eco and sustainable period care
- Yes To: Natural skincare products including face masks and cleansers
- Mara Seaweed: seaweed products which act as a healthy alternative to salt-based seasoning
- Rascal and Friends: offering premium nappies at an affordable price
- Simply Cook: three-step cooking kits for recipes customers want to make based on insight from their e-commerce food kit business