Here to help.
Tesco Property - growing our business for the future
Tesco serves millions of customers across the UK every week. Each Tesco store is carefully designed to provide people in our local communities with the products and services they need, when they need it.
Through our stores and property portfolio, our Tesco Property team are always looking for ways to support and make a positive impact in these communities: from serving our customers and the career or apprenticeship opportunities that a local store brings, to surplus food redistribution schemes, food bank collection points and Bags of Help community grants for local charities and organisations.
We are now open to new and exciting opportunities to work with developers and help grow our business in the urban and rural areas that need them most. We consider all existing units and developments, both leasehold and freehold.
- We are looking for opportunities with approximately 15,000 to 35,000 sq. ft of retail space for large format stores, or 3,500 to 5,000 sq. ft for Express stores. For Express, these should be busy and accessible roads with parking, in neighbourhood centres, high streets or sites close to transport hubs.
- On average, 300 job roles are available in Extra stores, 200 in Superstores, 70 in Metro and 30 in Express.
- Tesco has long-supported the delivery of apprenticeships – we have provided over 10,000 apprenticeships since 2012.
- We delivered c.1200 apprenticeships in 2018/19 (programme ended February 2019).
- We provide c.30% of all Level 2 Retail Apprenticeship starts in the UK.
- Our apprenticeships are diverse: 60% female, 72% over the age of 24, and a mix of full and part-time.
- We have a 91% pass rate for end point assessment.
- We will have spent £5.2m (levy funds) on retail apprenticeships in our 2018/19 programme.
- We have launched new apprenticeships in LGV driving, project management, software development, finance, human resources and an apprenticeship degree in food science and technology.
Property, Acquisitions and Disposals Director: Marcus.Vinnicombe@Tesco.com
|South West and South East||Chris.Mccann@Tesco.com|
|North of UK||Matthew.Price@Tesco.com|
|North of UK||Richard.Schmidt@tesco.com|
|North of UK||Owen.Mason1@tesco.com|
|South West & North East London||Charles.Percival@tesco.com|
|Beds, Bucks, Herts and North West London||Keith.Woodruff@tesco.com|
|East Anglia & Kent||Claire.Smith@tesco.com|
|Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex & South London||Kathryn.Lyddon@tesco.com|
Keep up to date with all things Tesco
Sign up to receive the latest updates
Thank you for subscribing to our email services
If you receive confirmation via email, your details have been added to our database. If you have not received anything after a couple of hours, please check your email address and subscribe again.
If you wish to unsubscribe at any time, visit the Unsubscribe page, or click the "Unsubscribe" link on any of the emails you receive.