PLC | Investors

ADR information

What is an ADR?

An American Depositary Receipt (ADR) is a certificate which is evidence of ownership of ADS shares. ADR is sometimes used to refer to ADS shares themselves.

What is an ADS share?

An American Depositary Share (ADS) is a US dollar-denominated form of equity ownership in Tesco; it represents Ordinary Shares on deposit in the United Kingdom. An ADS share confers the right to receive dividends in US dollars and the right to vote on important matters.

How are ADS shares related to Ordinary Shares?

Every Tesco ADS share represents three (3) Tesco Ordinary shares. Ordinary Shares trade primarily in the UK and pay dividends in pounds sterling. They do not trade on a US exchange.

Can I get an ADR certificate?

You may obtain a physical certificate for all or part of your Tesco ADS share position by contacting J.P. Morgan Shareowner Services.

Can I deposit my certificates with you for safekeeping?

If you have Tesco ADR certificates, you can send them for safe-keeping at any time by mailing your instruction letter and certificate(s) by registered mail to J.P. Morgan Shareowner Services, converting your account to book-entry registration.

What should I do if my certificate is lost?

You should contact J.P. Morgan Shareowner Services immediately to report the loss of your certificate and to request paperwork to begin the replacement process. They will provide the affidavit of loss and calculate the amount of the replacement costs, if applicable.

How often will I receive account statements?

Each time there is activity on your book-entry account.

What happens if I lose my dividend check or tax form?

You should notify J.P. Morgan Shareowner Services if you lose your dividend check. They will place a stop-payment order against your original check and issue a replacement check to you at no cost. You can contact J.P. Morgan Shareowner Services to request a copy of your most recent US tax form, beginning each January 31, for the previous tax year.