PLC | Investors

Changes in personal circumstances

What should I do if I change my name or address?

Notify J.P. Morgan Shareowner Services when you change your name and enclose any relevant legal document to prove the change. Also provide J.P. Morgan Shareowner Services with any new address. Always include your shareholder account number in any communication about your holdings.

It is important to keep your share account records up to date. If J.P. Morgan Shareowner Services does not have your current address, they may not be able to deliver your dividend check. In that case any dividends due to you will be kept in a non-interest bearing account waiting for you to claim them. ADS shares and accumulated dividends will, for US shareholders, be considered abandoned property after a certain number of years and will ultimately be surrendered to the state of your last address on Tesco's records, in accordance with the laws of that state.

What if I have more than one account in the same name(s)?

If you buy more shares in Tesco, but the name and address supplied to the transfer agent differs even slightly from the way you are already listed on the account records, another account may be created. If this happens you should contact J.P. Morgan Shareowner Services, to see if they can consolidate the accounts and/or what additional information they may need to do so.