Registrar and shareholding enquiries
If you have administrative enquiries about your holding of Tesco PLC shares (other than ADRs) please contact:
West Sussex BN99 6DA
Telephone 0371 384 2977
Consolidated tax vouchers
If your dividend is paid directly into your bank or building society account you will receive one tax voucher each year. The consolidated tax voucher will be sent to you in December at the time that the interim dividend is paid and will cover both dividend payments in the tax year. This will help you to complete your tax return. This does not affect your dividends or the tax that you pay in anyway. If you would prefer to receive a tax voucher with each dividend payment rather than one consolidated tax voucher each tax year, please call our shareholder helpline on 0371 384 2977.
If your dividend is not currently paid directly to your bank or building society account and you would like to benefit from this service please contact Equiniti on 0371 384 2977 and they will be pleased to arrange this for you. By choosing to receive your dividends in this way you can avoid the risk of cheques getting lost in the post and ensure you receive your dividends on the payment day.
Note: Consolidated tax vouchers are not available to institutional shareholders.
The Directors are responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the financial information on our website. This information has been prepared under relevant accounting standards and legislation.
You can register for Shareview, a free online share information and dealing service operated by Equiniti. Once you have registered you can:
- check your shareholding;
- access shareholder information;
- elect to receive information electronically, getting quick access to these important documents and helping to save the environment by reducing the amount of paper used;
- vote on the resolutions at the Annual General Meeting.
To register, log on to www.shareview.co.uk and click on 'register'. Your rights as a shareholder will not be affected in anyway. If you have any questions about the service, please call 0371 384 2977.
Tesco PLC are aware that our shareholders have been targeted by unsolicited phone calls or correspondence from 'investment specialists' concerning investment matters. Tesco PLC has no relationship with and does not endorse any of the services offered by these companies. Details of any share dealing facilities that we endorse are included in our mailings.
Tesco PLC has not appointed or authorised any 'investment specialists' to contact shareholders and you should therefore be wary of any unsolicited calls or offers of advice. Such 'investment specialists' can be very persistent and extremely persuasive and a survey in 2006 by the Financial Conduct Authority (the “FCA”, then the Financial Service Authority) has reported that the average amount lost by investors is around £20,000. It is not just the novice investor that has been duped in this way, many victims have been successfully investing for a number of years. The followings points are intended to help you in this regard.
- Make sure you get the correct name of the person and organisation and make a record of any other information they give you, e.g. telephone number, address etc.
- Check that they are properly authorised by the FCA before getting involved. You can check at https://register.fca.org.uk/
- The FCA maintains on its website a list of unauthorised overseas companies who are targeting, or have targeted UK investors and any approach from such organisations should be reported to the FCA so that the list can be kept up to date and any appropriate action can be considered. If you deal with an unauthorised company, you would not be eligible to receive payment under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. The FCA can be contacted by telephone on 0800 111 6768 or search the warning list by visiting http://scamsmart.fca.org.uk/warninglist
- Inform our Registrars Equiniti on 0371 384 2976. Calls to this number are charged at 8p per minute from a BT landline, other telephony providers costs may vary.
Report a scam
If you are approached about a share scam you should tell the FCA using the share fraud reporting form at www.fca.org.uk/consumers/report-scam-unauthorised-firm, where you can find out about the latest investment scams. You can also call the Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768.
If you have already paid money to share fraudsters you should contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
More detailed information on this or similar activity can be found on the website www.actionfraud.police.uk
If you are concerned about any direct mailing or telephone calls purporting to be from Tesco, please contact the Company Secretary.