Tesco launches online commuter zone
1 November 2012
Tesco has today launched a new commuter zone on its grocery website, bringing together everything busy customers need for the working week.
Tesco has launched a new commuter zone on its grocery website, bringing together everything busy customers need for the working week.
Easily accessible on your mobile, the zone gives commuters to chance to shop with ease as they travel to and from work. By shopping online, they will avoid the hassle of carrying heavy shopping at the end of a busy day at the office, and won’t need to worry about bottles breaking or ice cream melting.
From cereals and energy boosters to kick start the day, through sushi, fresh fruit and chocolate to sustain you at the office, to a Tesco Finest £10 Meal Deal after a hard day’s work, customers simply select the products they want and add them to their Tesco.com shop.
Tesco Director of Internet Retailing Ken Towle said:
“We know that many of our customers have busy lives, but that they still want quick and easy access to great food at great value. Our new commuter zone is the latest way we’re helping customers to manage their time, by pulling together a range of high quality products and categorizing them to reflect the working week.
“As the nights close in and it gets colder and darker, customers needn’t worry about stopping to shop on their way home – Tesco can deliver their order straight to their door, giving them more time to enjoy their evenings and weekends.”
The zone offers the usual benefits of using Tesco.com, including access to your Favourites and clear sight of your basket and multibuy savings. Customers can choose a convenient delivery slot that suits their weekly routine, with no extra delivery cost for Delivery Saver customers*.
The zone has launched nationwide, with initial marketing activity in London. The campaign will include posters on the underground of a Tesco Dotcom van, created from the familiar tube map and adapted to show the extensive range of products available on the commuter zone.
Notes to Editors
Products in each category include:
Preparing for the day:
- Breakfast made easy – cereals, breads, jams, ‘on-the-go’ options
- Keeping healthy – multivitamins, energy boosters, pain relief
- Getting ready – toiletries
While at work:
- Breaktime snacks – fresh fruit, cereal bars, dried fruit and nuts, crisps
- Lunchtime ideas – sandwich components, sushi, ready meals
- Afternoon boosters – tea and coffee, energy drinks, chocolate treats
Relaxing at home:
- Dinner made easy – premium ready meals, pizza and pasta, prepared vegetables
- A little indulgence – luxury desserts, ice creams, wine
- Time to unwind – hot chocolate, aromatherapy and candles, luxury bath products
- Delivery Saver offers Tesco.com customers across the UK the option to pay once and have groceries delivered at no extra cost for either a three-month or a six-month period.
- 3 Month Plan (13 weeks) £36
- 6 Month Plan (26 weeks) £60
- Minimum spend of £40 per order, limited to one delivery per day.
- Customers who don’t subscribe to Delivery Saver can still take advantage of Tesco’s competitive delivery rates, ranging from £3 to £6 depending on the time and day selected.
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on
Tesco is the UK's largest retailer and one of the world's leading international retailers. Tesco has more than 6,000 stores worldwide, employing almost 520,000 people in the 14 countries in which it operates.
Our core purpose is to create value for customers to earn their lifetime loyalty. Our success depends on people: the people who shop with us and the people who work with us.