9 festive facts that show Everyone's Welcome at Tesco this Christmas
21 December 2017
Christmas really does come in all shapes and sizes. Did you know 1 in 10 Brits will have beef for Christmas dinner? Plus you’re 8 times more likely to have cauliflower cheese if you live in Brighton?
That’s why, this year, Tesco have been celebrating the many different ways we come together over the festive season.
We want Britain’s shoppers to know that however they choose to do Christmas, and no matter what they need, we can help - Everyone’s Welcome at Tesco.
Here are 9 festive facts that show how:
- 15,000 customers will be served EVERY MINUTE, with almost 20 million people visiting our stores this Friday and Saturday.
- 200,000 turkey crowns and birds will be sold this Friday alone.
- For every fresh turkey sold, Tesco is donating £1 to food charities FareShare and The Trussell Trust to help people in need this Christmas.
- Christmas carrots bought by Tesco customers would stretch 11 times around the world! That's 27 million in total.
- Over 60 million British Brussels sprouts will be sold by Tesco this weekend. That's nearly one for everyone in the UK. Sorry.
- The Queen joins 2.2 million people in buying a Tesco Christmas pudding this season.
- SEVEN million pigs in blankets will fly off the shelves on Friday and Saturday with over 26 million sold in 2017 so far.
- An extra 22,000 festive little helpers are on hand in stores to help customers with their shopping.
- AND, according to Good Housekeeping, a Tesco Christmas dinner offers the best value of the big four supermarkets (Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsburys and Asda).