Tesco Clubcard Plus available from 8 November
29 October 2019
19 million Clubcard holders could save over £400 a year with the new Tesco loyalty subscription service, Clubcard Plus.
Customers will be able to get the best value out of their Tesco shop through savings and benefits across the Tesco family including groceries, F&F, Tesco Mobile, as well pet food, homeware and toys. Tesco Bank will also be joining the offering with additional benefits in the new year.
From Friday 8 November, Tesco Clubcard customers will be able to subscribe to the new Clubcard Plus which includes benefits across the whole of Tesco:
- 10% off two big shops up to £200 each, every month (exclusions apply)*
- 10% off customers’ favourite Tesco brands all the time: F&F, Fred & Flo, Go Cook, Fox & Ivy, Tesco Pet and Carousel
- Double data on a pay monthly contract every month for new and existing Tesco Mobile customers (Conditions Apply)
- Exclusive access to apply for a Tesco Bank credit card with no foreign exchange fees (apply from the new year)
This new service is available for only £7.99 a month and can be used in all UK Tesco stores. Taking into account the monthly subscription cost, customers who are taking advantage of the benefits could save over £400.
Alessandra Bellini, Tesco Chief Customer Officer, said:
“We know that our customers are always looking for ways to make their money go further. That’s why we’re launching Clubcard Plus – so that they can get better value on the products and services that matter most to them, throughout the whole year.”
And as another little help, Clubcard Plus will launch in time for customers to save money on their Christmas shopping, with the average UK family spending around twice their usual budget for groceries at Christmas.
While the benefits are great for the festive season, Clubcard Plus customers will be able to enjoy offers all year round including:
- 10% off two big shops up to £200 each, every month, (with savings of over £380 a year excluding subscription, on groceries alone, exclusions apply)
- A family with two young children spend on average £120 on nappies a month1 so can save £12 a month with 10% off Fred & Flo nappies
- A family of four with two school aged children spend on average £2002 a year on school uniform so can save £20 a year with 10% off F&F
- Pet owners spend on average £250 a year3 on dog food and treats so can save £25 a year as they get 10% off Tesco Pet
- If a couple spend £12665 with a credit card with a 2.75% foreign exchange fee, that’s nearly £35 on foreign exchange fees every holiday. If they have a Clubcard Plus Credit Card from Tesco Bank (available from the new year), there are no foreign exchange fees so that’s money towards a nice meal out
- Monthly data usage was up 25% year on year in 20184 so new and existing Tesco Mobile customers can get double data on a pay monthly contract every month. (Conditions Apply)
All of this is on top of the fantastic benefits of Clubcard that are free to all customers. Shoppers will still be able to get one point for every pound they spend and can continue to redeem them for money-off vouchers to spend either on their groceries or redeem with Tesco’s 150 Clubcard partners.
The easiest way for customers to access the Clubcard benefits is through the quick and easy to use Tesco Clubcard app, saving customers time and effort as well as money when they shop in-store. It takes just two minutes to join and customers can cancel any time.
To subscribe to Clubcard Plus, customers can visit www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard-plus from Friday 8th November.
Clubcard Plus follows the introduction of Clubcard Prices which launched earlier on in the year. Clubcard holders could pay between 15 and 50 per cent less on selected products as part of the supermarket’s Centenary celebrations. It was the first time that a major UK supermarket had offered lower prices to loyalty card holders.
For further information and images please contact the Tesco PR team at Splendid Communications on 0207 553 7300 or TescoProduct@splendidcomms.com or the Tesco Press Office on 01707 918 701.
Note to editors
New Clubcard Plus is available in all UK Tesco stores from Friday 8 November
Subscribe online at Tesco.com/Clubcard/Clubcard-Plus and download the app here.
Clubcard Plus subscribers can get great benefits each month:
- 10% off two big shops in-store (exclusions and limits apply).
- 10% off selected Tesco brands in-store (F&F, Fred & Flo, Go Cook, Tesco Pet, Carousel, Fox & Ivy) all of the time.
- Double data from Tesco Mobile (conditions apply).
- Apply for a Tesco Bank credit card with no foreign exchange fees (UK residents, 18 and over only, subject to status. Interest and other fees apply. Available from the new year).
* Applies in-store only.
Exclusions include: Fuel and motoring related products; Lottery; Gift vouchers and gift cards; Savings stamps and postage stamps; Tobacco products and accessories; Infant baby formula milk; Prescription medicines; Newspapers and magazines; General Merchandise; In-store third-party concession products; Bureau de change; Carrier bag charges; In-store café or coffee shop; Alcoholic drinks subject to 25% discount off 6 bottles, or to the extent the discount would reduce the product value below the Minimum Unit Price (full details in T&Cs); Products which are subject to the separate Always On Discount
- Global Data UK, Back to School in the UK, 2019
- Ofcom Communications Market Report (July 2019)
- Based on average spend by UK residents of £633 abroad per individual in 2018. ONS: Travel Trends, 2018
Tesco Bank note to editors
Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC173199. Registered Office: 2 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9FQ.
Tesco Stores Limited (a credit broker, not a lender) introduces customers only to Tesco Personal Finance plc (Trading as Tesco Bank). Tesco Bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Representative example: 37.7%APR representative (variable), based on a credit limit of £1,200 and purchases interest rate of 19.9% p.a. (variable) and monthly Clubcard Plus subscription fee of £7.99.
Your credit limit may vary subject to your individual circumstances. Both new and existing Tesco Bank customers can apply. Tesco Bank, PO BOX 343, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE12 2GE.
Tesco Mobile note to editors
Tesco Mobile is a 50:50 joint venture between Tesco and O2. The company sells Tesco Mobile branded services exclusively online and in Tesco stores across the UK. Tesco Mobile has 5 million customers and over 500 phone shops.