A message to our customers from Jason Tarry, UK CEO - 22 October
27 November 2020
As we all adjust to the latest government guidance, we wanted to reassure you about the steps we’re taking in your local store to make sure that you can shop safely.
- We continue to have social distancing guidelines and signage in place, and you will also find hand sanitiser and cleaning stations around our stores. We’ve still got protective screens in place at the checkouts and we’d encourage you to pay by card or contactless if you can.
- We understand that it won’t always be possible, but if you’re able to shop alone then please do. It’ll help make our stores safer and make everyone’s shop a bit quicker.
- We have installed a simple ‘traffic light’ system in some of our larger stores to help us manage the flow in and out. Once in-store, please keep to the social distancing markings. If there’s a queue outside and it’s raining, we’ll be handing out sanitised umbrellas in our larger stores.
- Please follow the legal guidance on wearing a face covering. If you forget to bring one, you can pick up a pack at the front of the store and pay for it with your shopping later.
- We now have 1.5 million home delivery and Click+Collect slots available each week, and we continue to offer priority access to vulnerable customers. To make sure that we can help those who most need access to our online service, please shop in-store if you can.
- In-store, we’re continuing our dedicated hours for vulnerable customers, and we’re giving NHS workers priority access. Please check store locator for your local store’s hours.
Our stock levels are good, so there’s no need to buy more of your regular groceries than normal. And as the festive season approaches, it’s always busier for our stores, so please consider shopping a little earlier than you usually would, to avoid the peak festive period.
Thank you for your support, and for continuing to follow the measures that we have in place to keep us all safe.