Motorists can save 10p a litre on the forecourt at Tesco
30 Jan 2012
Tesco's fuel promotion offers customers a helping hand
Britain's favourite supermarket has delivered some welcome news for motorists by launching a promotion that will save Tesco customers 10p per litre on fuel when they spend £60 on groceries in store or online.
Richard Brasher, Tesco's UK Chief Executive, said:
"We know families are feeling the pinch in these tough times so I am pleased we can offer customers some extra value at the pumps."
The promotion starts today (Monday 30 January) and will be supported by TV and press advertising plus promotion in-store.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors:
- - Customers receive one Petrol Coupon per single qualifying transaction of £60 or more on groceries in store or online.
- - The qualifying spend excludes purchases of infant milk formulae, tobacco products, fuel, prescription medicines, stamps, lottery, cafe, E-Top up, opticians, travel money, insurance, gift cards, glass hire, Nutricentre, fireworks and delivery charges.
- - Till slip Petrol Coupon is only issued in participating Tesco stores.
- - Till slip Petrol Coupon is not valid for Pay at Pump transactions.
- - Coupon validity date is printed on the coupon.
The petrol promotion is on top of an existing voucher scheme where Tesco customers who spend £40 on groceries will receive a voucher that allows them to save £5 off next week's £40 shop.
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on
Tesco is the UK's largest retailer and one of the world's leading international retailers. Tesco has around 5,000 stores worldwide, employing over 500,000 people in the 14 countries in which it operates. Our core purpose is to create value for customers to earn their lifetime loyalty. Our success depends on people: the people who shop with us and the people who work with us.