F&F continues international expansion with stores in Switzerland and Gibraltar
18 Oct 2013
- Two new franchise deals agreed
- First F&F Kids store opens in Gibraltar
- First F&F franchise launched within a hypermarket
- First F&F Franchise launched within a department store
F&F, the clothing brand owned by Tesco, has announced its first franchise stores in Europe with store openings in Switzerland and Gibraltar.
In partnership with Coop, Switzerland’s second biggest retailer, F&F have recently opened seven new stores in the Zurich area with plans to open more stores across the country in the future. F&F are offering Swiss customers a new choice of affordable fashion within Coop’s hypermarket stores, whilst complementing existing ranges by offering fantastic value in its Coop City department stores.
F&F has also recently opened two stores in Gibraltar, in conjunction with franchise partner Pisa International. The two stores, which include the first F&F Kids store, enjoyed record sales after they opened to the public last week.
F&F opened its first franchise stores in Saudi Arabia in May 2012. The new store openings in Europe follow successful franchise agreements in Central Asia and across the Middle East, and bring F&F’s franchise stores to a total of 32 with more planned in the coming months.
Jason Tarry, Chief Executive of F&F said: “F&F has performed really strongly over the last twelve months, so we’re delighted to announce these new franchise agreements in Switzerland and Gibraltar, our first franchise stores in Europe. These partnerships enable us to operate in markets we don’t already have a presence in and benefit from the local expertise of our franchise partners. We now have more than 30 franchise stores internationally and we’ll be looking to open even more in the coming months to help grow the F&F brand and offer it to even more customers.”
Peter Hauser, Director of Coop said: “Swiss customers demand great value, high quality, ethically sourced products, so we’re excited to have the opportunity to work with F&F and with Tesco. F&F is an excellent addition to the already strong fashion ranges available within Coop and Coop City stores and we’re delighted with the performance of the new stores so far. Customer feedback has been really positive and we’re looking forward to opening our next department store in Zug shortly.”
Frank Hernandez, CEO of Pisa International said: “With the strong links between the UK and Gibraltar, F&F is already a recognised brand in Gibraltar. Both stores had record breaking openings and we are delighted to have opened the first F&F Kids store anywhere in the world. We have had some great customer feedback, particularly about the outstanding value and high quality of the F&F products. We look forward to expanding the business with the F&F team and offering customers in Gibraltar a great brand for years to come”.
F&F clothing is currently on sale in 16 countries, including stand-alone stores in the Czech Republic and Poland. There are currently 19 stand-alone stores operating under the franchise model in Saudi Arabia., with further franchise stores in Georgia and Kazakhstan.
In the UK F&F sales exceeded over £1 billion last year and increased by nine per cent.
Notes to editors
- Images of the new stores are available on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- The F&F vision is to become the biggest, most clearly defined affordable fashion brand in the world.
- Launched in the UK and ROI in 2001, F&F is now a truly global fashion brand available in 16 countries : UK, Republic of Ireland, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Turkey, Slovakia, Malaysia, Thailand, China, South Korea ,Saudi Arabia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Switzerland and Gibraltar.
- In 2010 Tesco opened its first F&F stand-alone store in Prague, Czech Republic. The second opened in Brno, Czech Republic in 2011, and the third in Warsaw, Poland in 2012.
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on
We are a team of over 530,000 people in 12 markets dedicated to bringing the best value, choice and service to our millions of customers each week. Our core purpose is 'we make what matters better, together'.