A smart new way to save on mobile bills
9 Jun 2016
Tesco Mobile launches UK exclusive mobile advertising service called Xtras.
Partnerships with popular brands such as British Airways and content-providers such as News Corp UK and Yahoo, mean customers can save money not just off their phone bill but on their favourite brands as well.
Tesco Xtras will be available for Pay monthly Android handset and SIM only customers. Customers can opt in or out of the service at any time.
“At Tesco Mobile we’re committed to offering customers great value, simplicity and choice with exceptional rewards. Tesco Mobile Xtras, powered by Unlockd’s unique mobile platform, provides our customers with the chance to make savings that really add up.
“This innovative new service is a UK exclusive and we’re excited that our customers get to benefit first from this new technology,” said Anthony Vollmer, CEO of Tesco Mobile.
“Our UK launch with Tesco Mobile is an exciting partnership which will provide real value to consumers, saving them money and giving them access to great content and offers upon unlocking their phone. From the success of previous partnerships in Australia and the USA, we’ve seen a great uptake on the service as customers continue to seek value. We are looking forward to opening up this benefit to the UK market with Tesco Mobile,” said Matt Berriman, CEO and Co-Founder of Unlockd.
For all information on eligibility and a demonstration view, please click here.
For more information on Tesco Mobile Xtras please go to www.tescomobile.com/xtras.
For further details please contact Fanclub PR at email@example.com, or call on 0207 096 1375.
Notes to Editor:
About Tesco Mobile Xtras
- Available to new and existing pay monthly Android customers
- Customers receive an additional 200MB of data each month to cover the data used by the app
- The app will automatically pause abroad and only work on Wi-Fi
- The discount isn’t linked to a customer’s contract. Customers will only get the discount for as long as they keep viewing ads (on at least 21 days of each billing month) and as long as the promotion is available
- If parental controls are set to under 12, this will prevent your child from being able to download and use Tesco Mobile Xtras
- All ads, offers and content will be suitable for under 18’s, so there’s no need to worry about over 18 content
- Tesco Mobile Xtras can be paused or cancelled on customer’s phone any time
About Tesco Mobile:
Tesco Mobile is a 50:50 joint venture between Tesco and O2. The company sells Tesco Mobile branded services exclusively in Tesco stores and online across the UK. The service gives Tesco Mobile customers value, simplicity and choice, offering them simple, great value tariffs with rewards such as free credit and Clubcard points.
Tesco Mobile has been awarded the highest level of customer satisfaction above any other major mobile by Satmetrix in 2015 and is a 2016 Which? Recommended Mobile Provider.
Unlockd is changing the way people use and pay for their mobile phones around the world. Unlockd’s revolutionary mobile technology lets users earn free additional data or handset payments, or a discount to their mobile phone bills, by viewing full-screen ads, offers and relevant content upon unlocking their phone.
Unlocked was founded in Melbourne by Matt Berriman, Chris Kerrisk and Craig Watt, and launched for the first time in Australia with Lebara Mobile in October 2015. The company has since opened offices in New York, Seattle and London.
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on 01707 918 701
We are a team of over 440,000 colleagues dedicated to serving customers a little better every day.