Tesco to accept Sainsbury’s Brand Match coupons
11 Apr 2016
From today (Monday 11 April) customers shopping in Tesco stores will be able to use Sainsbury’s Brand Match coupons to get money off their Tesco shopping.
Last week, Sainsbury’s announced that it would end the scheme and would no longer offer customers any guarantee around the price they charge.
Today’s announcement from Tesco means that customers will be able to use their Sainsbury’s Brand Match coupons at Tesco until June.
In October last year Tesco launched its own brand-matching scheme, called Brand Guarantee, that offers an immediate price match at tills without the need for paper coupons. Brand Guarantee ensures that customers will never pay more for their branded shop when they buy ten or more different products, compared with Asda, Morrisons or Sainsbury’s.
Matt Davies, Tesco UK and ROI CEO said:
“This is a little help for Sainsbury's customers from us at Tesco. It also provides the opportunity for Sainsbury’s customers to experience Tesco’s Brand Guarantee, which we launched in October, and has been universally welcomed by our customers."
Tesco has also invested in bringing down the price of leading brands and has introduced simple, more affordable prices on many of the everyday, own label products customers rely on. The company also recently launched an exclusive range of seven new brands offering customers a wide variety of great quality fresh food and outstanding value, along with improvements in its core meat, fruit and vegetable lines.
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on 01707 918 701
We are a team of 480,000 in 11 markets dedicated to serving shoppers a little better every day.
- Brand Match vouchers will be accepted instore at Tesco Extra, Superstore and Metro stores.
- Some product exclusions apply, including, general merchandise, fuel, lottery, tobacco or tobacco-related products, infant formula, café, pharmacy, gift cards, saving stamps, E-top-ups, stamps, opticians, travel money, Tesco Bank, Tesco Direct, Tesco Wine by the Case, Tesco Clothing (including F&F).
- Brand Match vouchers can only be used once and can only be redeemed against a total spend of greater than or equal to the value of the voucher. For example, a £1 voucher is fine to use on a £10 shop. However you cannot use a £10 voucher on a £1 shop.
- We cannot accept any copied, damaged or defaced Brand Match vouchers.
- Tesco reserves the right to refuse Brand Match coupons if it suspects fraud, misuse or conduct contrary to the spirit of this offer.
- Ends 11.59pm, 30 June 2016.