Tesco unveils its biggest ever Black Friday event
17 Nov 2016
Customers are set to benefit from Tesco’s biggest ever Black Friday event this year, with the retailer offering 11 days of amazing deals and savings up from four days last year.
- 11 days of deals running from Monday 21 November to Thursday 1 December 2016
- More stores taking part than ever before with over 700 stores offering Black Friday deals
- Broader range of products on offer including electrical, toys and home with up to 50% off on selected items. This year 650 items will be on promotion during the Black Friday event up from 200 items last year
- Tesco already offering market leading prices on the most loved toys this Christmas
The event will run on the Tesco Direct website from Monday 21st November to Thursday 1st December, while over 300 Tesco stores will be opening their doors to customers at 5am on Black Friday itself.
Last year’s event saw Tesco Direct receive seven orders per second with a total of 220,000 orders in the day. The bestselling ranges were TVs, tablets, gaming consoles and small domestic appliances. This year Tesco will be offering discounts on 650 products with up to 50% off on selected items.
Matt Davies, Tesco UK and ROI CEO said:
“We’re doing all we can to take the hard work out of Christmas and help our customers get everything they need in one place. We're already offering customers market leading prices on the most loved toys this Christmas, and now we’re launching our best ever Black Friday event, providing customers with more time than ever before to take advantage of some great deals.
“Christmas is an extremely busy time for customers, but with more products now on sale for a longer period, we’re hoping to take the stress out of Christmas shopping for our customers.”
This year’s event will start at 9am on Monday 21 November on the Tesco Direct website and at 5am on Friday 25 November in the majority of Tesco Extra stores. 24 hour Extra stores will close from midnight on Thursday 24 November until 5am on Friday 25 November to prepare for the event.
Notes to editors
Specific Black Friday deals will be announced on Monday 21st November and Friday 25th November.
- For more details on specific stores which are participating in the Black Friday event please visit the online store locator here http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/uk/ or go in store.
- Deals will be launched on the Tesco Direct website at: http://www.tesco.com/direct/black-friday-cyber-monday-deals/
- Tesco’s top 10 toys for Christmas.